Old West End

West Central's Premier Historic Apartments

Evans House

This Queen Anne-style house, located at 825 W. Berry St., was built c.1895 for George P. and Isabelle D. Evans. Born in Hillsboro, Ohio in 1852 George came to Fort Wayne shortly before  the start of the Civil War. George was associated with his father, Amos Evans, in the firm Evans & Company which sold wholesale dry goods and notions. He later formed Evans Brothers Company, with brother John P. Evans and his half-brother Oliver Evans, which manufactured overalls, hunting coats, and other articles. He and his brothers were also associated with the Hoosier Manufacturing Company which produced such things as overalls, shirts and pants. By approximately 1905, the company was considered to be among one of the most influential industries in the city. George was a thirty-second degree Mason, a Shriner, and a member of the First Presbyterian Church. He was still residing at 825 W. Berry when he died in 1925. He and his wife Isabelle had two children

  • Neighborhood Character

    All of CASTLE KEEPERS apartments are in recently restored homes. These west centrally located homes are in the Old West End Historic District of Fort Wayne. The apartments offered by CASTLE KEEPERS are in the heart of the historic neighborhood- West Wayne and West Berry Streets. Today these historic mansions are filled with hopeless romantics of all types.

    If we don't have a space appropriate for your needs, please be our neighbor in another home in the Old West End Historic District.

    For More Information, send us an email Info@OldWestEnd.com