Built c. 1872, this quaint, gable front cottage was first lived in by James C. and Ellen Wilmot, both natives of England. James lived in Fort Wayne as early as 1860. He and Ellen, along with their four children, lived in this house from 1872 to 1876. After this, they moved to Cleveland, Ohio. James had his own paint shop at 29 Clinton St. dealing in paints, oils, turpentine, mixed paints, white lead and glass. He also did house, sign, banner and ornamental painting.
Milton N. Webber lived in this house from 1879 until approximately 1882. He established a saloon in 1874 called “Milton’s Place” which was located at the northeast corner of Main and Calhoun Streets. It remained open until about 1895 when Milton apparently left Fort Wayne.